Motley Crue are fighting back after Mick Mars filed an “ugly public lawsuit” against them.
The 71-year-old guitarist filed a lawsuit in Los Angeles County Superior Court Thursday (06.04.23) alleging that the band tried to force him out after he had to withdraw from a tour due to health problems. rice field. A member of the group and his bandmates accused him of “gaslighting” and disrespecting his musicianship.
Mötley Crüe’s attorney, Sasha Frid, said Mick filed the lawsuit because he “spoke ill of the band.” The band did not return the million-dollar advance payment, so the band offered Mick a generous compensation package to honor his career in the band. I decided to file an ugly public lawsuit.
Mars, who has ankylosing spondylitis (AS), described as a “chronic inflammatory arthritis”, announced plans to quit last year’s tour in a statement claiming to remain a member of the band. However, Motley Crue later added a statement of its own declaring that the guitarist had “retired” from the group.
Frid continued: It is clear that Mick is not entitled to any more money. “
Mars helped form the group in 1980 with Tommy Lee, 60, and Nikki Sixx, 64, and later added Vince Neil, 62, as lead singer.
In the Mars lawsuit, the guitarist alleged that bassist Sixx made a series of unflattering remarks about his performance, and the musician said, “He (Mars) has some kind of cognitive impairment and his guitar playing is Mars claims he forgot the chords and started playing the wrong songs at times.”
Frid hit back at the allegations, claiming that his bandmates did their best to “protect” Mars and keep these matters private. ‘ added. [and] In order to respect Mick’s legacy and take the public road, we have tried to keep these issues private. The band sympathizes with Mick, wishes him the best of luck, and hopes he gets better guidance from his greedy advisors. “